Saturday, July 14, 2007

I've Been Tagged: It Feels Like the First Time!

I've never "been tagged" -- there's a first time for everything! This meme has been forwarded by Kip152.

Here are the rules:

1. We have to post the rules before we give you the facts.

2. Players have to list eight random facts/habits about themselves.

3. People tagged also write about eight things and post the rules.

4. At the end of the post, you need to tag eight other bloggers.

Here are my eight facts:

1. I played the French horn in middle school.

2. I marched with my school's band in a Main Street Parade at Disneyland.

3. I'm a former amateur and professional skateboarder (pipe, pool, and slalom).

4. I've been reading the Los Angeles Times daily since 1984.

5. I met my future wife in 1991.

6. I spent my honeymoon in Cancun.

7. I attended college continuously from 1986 to 1999 (BA, MA, Ph.D.).

8. I was scared to death when I entered the market for an academic job in 2000.

Here are the eight blogs I'm tagging:

Bloviating Zeppelin

Central Sanity

The Desert Glows Green

Dragon Lady's Den

Jetting Through Life

Law and Order Teacher

The Oxford Medievalist

Prying 1

Okay, there's my list of blogs. While I was over at Bloviating Zeppelin,
I looked over BZ's greatest guitarist post. It reminded my that I once had a couple of beers with Stevie Ray Vaughn at a Hollywood nightclub. There's a another fast fact for you! (I better not be breaking the rules!)

I hope all of those who I've tagged will enjoy the game. If you'd rather not participate,
you wouldn't be the first.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

No comments: